Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pre-Con Jitters

I'M SO TIRED!!!!!!  I have so much I want to do and before I know it....Poof, the day is gone.  It has certainly been one of those weeks where I have just felt pulled in about 800 directions and I just want everyone to be happy.  That's my job, keeping the peace around here, which is awfully hard.  It did stop raining here and we were among the lucky few who suffered no immediate damage from the extended rainfall and subsequent flooding.  My husband finally got his new car on the road and in fine working order.  My child is doing the usual exact opposite of everything I say, just as every true agent of chaos should.  Now on to the list!!!!!


So tomorrow I will be making a presentation to a girlscout troop.  I thought it would be great glorious fun but am now finding exactly how few kid friendly things I actually have.  I have had to resort to some non-published illustration that I did for a friend of mine who passed away.  He wrote a bunch of short stories and, after he died, my task was to create imagery for his tale of how the bat got its wings.  I was a lot less consistent then, but the illos are pretty good, very bright, and should demonstrate what I need aptly enough.  Now I just need to print the lot of them out...


I am going to be attending MoCCa this weekend, well, their art festival thing that they have, which is why I am a little late on the update.  I have been going out of my mind with all the preparations for this show.  It has been hard because I just got my new printer (which I love, in case you missed my facebook updates to that end) so I am scrambling about trying to set it up properly and get everything that I might need printed out.  No small task.  It also means that if there are any images in my galleries that you want to own a non-corporeal version of... I can make that happen.

I went through all of The Origin pages and fixed them.  It is a very subtle change, but now they are all uniform which makes the anal retentive part of me very very happy.  Now the font is all the same everywhere, they are all the exact same size, and I adjusted the color on some of the pages to give it a bit more punch without diminishing the moodiness of it.  That is why I was late with my update which I humbly apologize for.  I knew it would be a big thing for me to do... even if it was barely noticeable when you look at it.

I may have to skip Rose this week because of the convention.  Nathan will be there so if you want to meet the writer and artist all in one spot, go to MoCCa.  I hope to get some pages drawn while I'm there, but it may be completely crazy.

I was able to finish the concept page for Sarah.  It came out very well in my opinion.  Just pencil, but hey, I think my pencils are my strongest suit right now.  Now I just have to draw the page of them together.  Meth and Sarah.  I bugged the artist who will be featured in the book.  Very cool guy, one hell of a language gap between us.  I believe that his work is very much worth a few extra moments where we both try to figure out what the hell the other person is talking about.  I'll let you know when I get his piece as, aside from a few ads and the joint concept page, that will make the book ready to go.  Hooray!!!!!


With that I bid you good evening my lovelies.  Make sure that you take a moment to enjoy the spring air... unless you are allergic and then hide foul beasts, hide!  LOL, enjoy the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment