Tuesday, March 9, 2010

what's with the schedule?

I know, don't hold your breath but I am not late!!!!! I have remembered to be timely and now, for the second week in a row have managed to update not only this little bit of evil here, but both The Origin webcomic and the Rose against the mooN webcomic.  No I have not become ill or struck with some bone chilling malady that keeps the gears rolling full speed.  I have just been trying and pushing really really hard.  Breaks are for the weak, and so I have taken the time to make up a backpack that has the means for me to work on any number of projects.  Maybe I am just really really sick, LOL.  Either way I am getting the job done, after a fashion, so here's your update:

Today I completed two pages for Rose against the mooN.  That will hopefully afford me an adequate amount of time to play final fantasy 13 which I also put 4 hours into today.  I am really happy with the way these pages are coming out.  There is a seediness to them that I didn't think I would be able to manage.  Mind you I am tickled fricken pink that I have done it... but I entered the tale with a mild bit of trepidation that I could have it come across the way I wished, while still having the solid simple detail I had intended to be dominant.  Lets see if I can keep this up, LOL.

Next, I have all of the resized interiors for Am I Immortal's re-release completed.  I had to rework some areas as part of my issue with book 1's and book 2's original release was a mild lack of consistency involving some of the interior material.  Now that won't be a problem.  I also introduced some elements I had wished to be included in the original version that was not.  MiniCain is one of them.  I thought it would offer a little different perspective on my direct relationship with Cain and make people laugh a little bit.  Also included in this issue is the first 12 page section that was published through Dimestore a couple years back.  That makes the book 44 interior pages, better known as a sizable piece of meat :)


I don't know if I had mentioned it here, but I recently aquired a Japanese ball jointed doll.  My intention is to have him eventually look like Cain, but I had needed the means to recreate his face as I am not comfortable carving away at something that I spent the much money on with a dremmel, as the doll does not have Cain's frown or scar.  Look forward to pictures of him in the future.  I aim to have him be really cool.

I will be getting my first professionally framed piece done soon.  Ironically I am getting two framed, but giving one to my Mom for her birthday at the end of the month.  It is the painting called Cain Razed and his himself looking all... well, he looks evil and has a bevy of burning buildings behind him.  I am looking forward to it probably a lot more than I should be.

Well, I'm off to watch the crazies and play more final fantasy 13.  Be bad my beloved few.  Be very bad in all the worst ways...

No comments:

Post a Comment