Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To the smell of burning rubber

I'm looking forward to the full moon this week.  I have been doing things a little bit differently in the garden this year.  I have not been getting as many plants at once and instead been planting as I go.  this works out much better then not being able to walk on my porch, which has previously been the case.  I almost have my back garden completed (I really need flat rocks, free flat rocks) and I am pretty proud of it.  Last year it was not a very nice place at all and I have worked painstakingly to reclaim it from this big rooted crap.  I have to do a good bit of TLC to the front still, and where the landlady ripped the trees out on the side :cries: it's HORRIBLE!  I have all the perennials that are fighting with the weeds trying to make me happy.  they are all volunteers, not something that I put there.  I still am fighting the urge to burn myself out to try to save them.  Oh man, I just wrote a ton about my silly garden.  sorry about that.  Sean has been taking photos so perhaps I will be able to convince him to post some of the beautiful pictures he's been taking.  Till that time, here's the list:

I was able to get my paws on the first two of those ink pieces that I sold at the convention.  Everyone say "Thank You Erik" for making that possible and scanning them for me.  I hope to add a few more to this collection over the next couple weeks.  I have had some illos come in for a book though so I may have to put these ladies on hold.  Maybe I will use this technique to make one of those illos.... hmmm.  I think I'll do that.  This is my favorite of them thus far.


I was able to update both webcomics this last week.  Sorry for the break on Rose, but with the convention and such it was just TOO much.  The page for the Origin this week is very blue and the child looks so much like Damon did when he was a baby.  I didn't mean for that to happen but I am not surprised.  Either way I am pleased with the outcome of the page.  More blood for the Rose page.  I know exactly what I want the page after to look like, which is a very good thing.  There have been a couple pages in Rose that I had gotten hung up on and this last one that I did was one of them.  I think I have the entire rest of the story pretty well planned out, as well as the dramatic and wordless closing page.  Please make sure that you check them out : Immortal Gothic Online

Speaking of online fun, the podcast is now active.  Master of ceremonies Sean Tyler, Shane McKenzie, and K-Pax now have two episodes available for your listening pleasure.  They talk about all things current or coming and pepper it with a bit of insane reality.  Listeners are always invited to swing by and join in on the fun at Sarge's Comics in sunny downtown New London, Ct. when the show is recorded in the early afternoon on Wednesdays, contact the podcast crew on facebook, or via email to get heard.  It's a hilarious take on current events but you'll have to go listen to know what I mean: The nameless podcast  It updates on Thursdays, and with any luck will soon have its very own listener inspired name.

So I got one of the concept pages for Meth completed in color.  I'm actually quite proud of the thing despite that it is actually pretty brightly colored.  The text on it even came out pretty well.  I was moved to write on it once I was done with he final illo.  I had said I would post it so you all could get an idea for what the new areas of the book look like so here you go.


So I totally did more stuff too, but I really want to go watch True blood so you have to suffer through another week knowing that I will show you more new stuff.  I gave you tons of stuff this week.  two links for you to investigate that has an hour of audio and over 30 pages of illustrated prose.  Two fancy pictures to look at.  Be happy people, be happy!  So now I get my ice cream and you have things to look forward to.  Please make sure to go look out at the full moon mid week and don't forget to enjoy the night my darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment